Mama Mia! I have been on a Caprese binge this summer! With so many fresh, simple ingredients, how can I NOT get creative with different ways in coking with them? So, for my third creation I will bridge over into pizzas from Wraps and Bowls.
Naturally, the 3 main Caprese ingredients are needed: tomato, mozzarella and basil leaves
| Preheat the oven to 450F |
- Smooth out as much pizza sauce as you’d like onto the crust
- Add thinly sliced tomatoes in a circular patter
- Add scattered amounts, to taste, of fresh basil leaves
- Layer thinly sliced mozzarella cheese over the tomato/basil leaves (when it melts, it will hold all the ingredients in place for when you take a bite)
- Pop in the oven for 8-10mins.
Enjoy this delicious Italian creation!