Cook Time | 20-30 mins.
An easy-to-make side for many dishes. Green veggies are always my favorite and i love the heart benefits from the garlic chunks! Make sure that you get the freshest individual green beans from a local farmers market or the produce section of the supermarket. I NEVER buy and CAN’T STAND canned or bagged green beans (grr). Anyhoo, you will definitely be seeing me reference this side dish on my other Kitchen recipe posts so I hope you enjoy, I’d love to know!
- Grab a few handfuls of loose green beans from the produce section/famers market (as much as you need for the side)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- Organic olive oil (original or flavored, your choice-I did this one time with lemon flavored and it was VERY complimentary)
- Turn stovetop onto heat setting 4 and place prepped green beans into a fry pan
- Drizzle olive oil to lightly coat all the green beans, use a spatula to stir the beans for an even coating
- Let sit to simmer for 15 mins or until slightly softening
- Add a few dashes of the pink salt to taste
- Add 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Use the spatula to stir the beans, every so often, until done to your liking
I prefer my green beans to still be a bit “crunchy” after they are done. Some people like then to be soft and “chewy.” To me, the crunchier beans send a sensation of freshness to my mind, naturally as softer beans remind me of the canned ones.