From | Real Simple Magazine June ’16
Total Cook Time | 25 mins.
NO CARBS, so I leave out baking the side bread. Instead, as a side I cook my own green beans (see other post for those)
- 120z Turkey Sausage, Casings Removed (If you like spicy, get HOT turkey sausage!)
- 1.5 Cups Chopped Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 Large Eggs
- Fresh Oregano Leaves
- Himalayan Pink Salt (Original calls for kosher salt)
- Fresh Cracked, Black Pepper
| Preheat oven to 375 |
*This dish was a special occasion (mom’s birthday!), thus, it was paired with a very smooth SILVER OAKS Cabernet Sauvignon-Napa Valley, CA
1. Heat ovenproof non-stick skillets over medium-high, add sausage. breaking it apart as you stir with a wooden spoon until almost cooked | 5 mins.
2. Add onion/garlic. until onion is translucent. stirring | 3 mins.
3. Stir in tomatoes, oregano and salt
4. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. until slightly thickened | 3 mins.
5. Break eggs into the sauce, evenly distributed
6. Sprinkle the cracked pepper
7. Place in the oven. until egg whites are set and yolks are soft | 9 mins.
8. Take out of the over, top with oregano before serving. let cool | 5 mins.
Comment, message me, let me know if you tried it or have any thoughts!
The best dishes are the ones that make you go out of your comfort zone. Cook.~Cheers~